Pages

vendredi 18 décembre 2015

Q & A » Interview: Jenadine Havenga

Jenadine Havenga is a mom, fitness model, brand ambassador for USN and spokesperson across many fashion and apparel brands. With a string of accomplishments and fitness responsibilities, (and social ones) we wanted to find out how she balances such a busy lifestyle.
jenadinehavenga

Q: So, what are your plans for 2015. Will we be seeing you in the WBFF or other federations this year?

I'll definitely be doing WBFF, there is nothing like it! Once you've done it you're hooked for life. It's fashion vs fitness, Victoria's Secret inspired theme wear, where the best compete against the best! If I get my pro card it's all the way to Vegas this year with USN there to support me.

Q: How do you keep motivated?

I have so many goals, which is one of the reasons I compete. It keeps me in shape, my biggest fear is also my biggest drive. I never want to regret anything. I would rather fail miserably than wonder what the results could have been.

Q: How do you balance work and family life?

I'm very fortunate to be able to work for myself and be an athlete, although it's very stressful. During the week (evenings) and weekends I try my best not to attend any social events, so that I can spend as much time with my family as possible. Week days it's all about work and attending to training and my sponsor needs.

Q: Any big plans for 2015 outside of fitness?

Just to travel and grow my business. I love photography and want to expand on my experiences with that. 

Q: Give us a day in the life of Janadine. What does your normal daily schedule look like?

That's a funny question because recently I had a girl who spent the day with me. We hadn't even gotten to training on that day and she was already exhausted!
Each day is pretty much the same. I wake up and prepare Jemma's (my daughter) lunch and my meals for the day. I then get Jemma dressed and take her to school all the way in Pretoria. While I'm there I make my FREDDY deliveries and visit USN, to see if I'm on track. In the mornings, I'll prep and post all social media posts for my various sponsors. Along with these daily posts, I also have weekly posts which I need to plan for. By this time, it's time to fetch Jemma form school and head back to Johannesburg. Once we're home I'll put her down for a nap. While Jemma naps I train with my new training partner and do the grocery shopping. When that's all done I head back home to cook dinner and spend time with Jemma. After dinner it's Jemma's bed time, after which I'll sit down answer emails and plan for the next day. At this stage my day is practically over and I'm exhausted.

Q: How do your structure your training? And when do you start making changes to your routine to compete?

My training is focused on working on the areas that needs the most work. I have learnt that you can never start prepping too early for your competitions. I start about six months in advance and my diet will change from about three months before a competition. This year I'm lucky enough to be working with a new trainer, because for the past year I've been doing it all on my own.

Q: How did you make it into fitness modeling? You're a spokesperson for a number of brands and support them quite actively on social media. How did you manage that?

I used to do modeling before I became involved in the fitness industry, so I think that helped a lot. I think my social media accounts speak for themselves. When looking for a spokesperson a company/brand will want someone that they can be proud of and who inspires others. I think the fact that I have worked hard over a period of time has paid off. Being a mom also helps a lot, because it makes me think twice before I post anything to social media. I want to inspire other moms and young girls and show them that you don't have to exploit yourself in order to get attention. I always ensure that other brands can see that I'm a proud ambassador and that I'll go out of my way to promote my sponsors in creative and different ways. Brands will have a look at all your social media channels before considering you as a ambassador, so bare that in mind before you hit the post button.

Q: What online media management tips can you give aspiring fitness models.

I've been asked by USN to do a social media seminar. Which is exciting because it's one more way I can give back and the perfect opportunity for me to share all my tips and advice. Dates will be end of March, so keep an eye out and ensure you don't miss it!

Q: Any words of advice for the ladies interested in building a fitness modeling career?

If you want it as badly as you breath, you can achieve it. There is nothing glamorous about this industry, it's hard work but at the end of the day the rewards are priceless.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire