Pages

mercredi 25 novembre 2015

SUCCESS STORIES » MARLENE - SHE NEVER WANTED TO BE OVERWEIGHT AGAIN

With this goal in mind Marlene set out to achieve it. The first steps Marlene took towards her journey was to write down all the goals she had in mind for her transformation; what she wanted to achieve and how she would go about achieving those goals.


Marlene also knew that the number one thing that would get her through this journey was a proper support team. “I shared my goal with them as I needed all the support I could get to achieve it. I then searched for something that would keep me going: something to reward me for my efforts. That’s why I chose to follow the USN 12 Week Body Makeover Challenge. If you work hard and achieve great results then you can win amazing prizes, which was the extra push I needed to keep me going.”
Knowing that Marlene responds well to extrinsic motivators her husband also gave her some extra incentive by promising her a trip to Zanzibar if she achieved all her goals. “Without him I wouldn't have come this far. Even when we didn't have the right machines, he would make a plan to improvise. He kept me going and motivated me so much.”
At first Marlene followed USN's training and diet guide, which is supplied via the website when you sign up for the 12 week challenge, But after a while she found that she wanted something more specific to her needs. That’s when she decided to consult a personal trainer.
Marlene's personal trainer happened to be her cousin, Melissa Strijdom who lives in France. “She devised my training and eating plans, and motivated me day by day. She had so much patience when answering all my questions, and believed in me all the way.” She also had the assistance of Thinus Boffa, a trainer at her local gym, who went through her workout programme with her every day.
Even though it seems like her transformation was nothing but smooth sailing, Marlene encountered a few obstacles along the way. “There were times when I would measure and weigh myself, and I hadn’t lost a thing. This made me very negative, but I managed to turn that emotion into something more positive by using that feedback to make me work harder and eat cleaner. It’s was definitely a very emotional journey.”
Marlene’s lifestyle changes also filtered through into other aspects of her life. especially to her children. “My three boys went from snacking on chips, popcorn and chocolates to dried fr
uit. It drove a complete lifestyle change that benefited everybody in our household.”
She also says the biggest thing she has learnt through this transformation is that nothing happens overnight, and that it takes hard work, dedication and a positive attitude to succeed. “No matter what happens you just have to keep going. If you want something bad enough nothing will stop you. So believe in yourself, don't listen to negativity, and just do it. And once you're there, train hard and eat clean to stay lean."
Fast Facts:
Favorite health food dish: Egg white and oats pancakes with peanut butter and cinnamon.
Favourite training routine: Legs and abs.
Must-use supplements: USN Phedra-Cut Lipo, USN CLA 1000, USN 100% Whey Protein, USN L-glutamine, and omega 3, 6 and 9.
Top diet tip: Prepare meals in advance, and when you know you won't be able to eat at home, pack a lunchbox.
Vital Stats:
Weight before: 102kg
Body fat % before: 35,5%
Age: 30
Marital status: Married, with three children
Career: Salesperson for McCarthy Group

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire